If you desire a pastoral visit to receive Word and Sacrament, please contact pastor.
There are resources available for members to use at home here.
Week of November 29 Announcements
Thank You: to everyone who gave during our recent collections for the LWMS. We collected $670.
Sunday School Christmas Rehearsals: We will hold rehearsals to prepare for the Christmas service starting this morning. We will teach a slightly shorter lesson and hold rehearsal from 10:40 until 11:10. Rehearsals will also be held on December 6th, 13th and 20th. We will also meet on Saturday, December 19th, from 9:00-11:00 a.m. The Christmas service will be held on December 20th at 4:00 p.m. Due to COVID restrictions, we will not be serving a meal this year.
Advent Preparation: Unlike the world, the Church does not prepare by frantic doing or frenzied promises to get something done. Instead, the Church prepares by receiving. To help us receive the gifts of Christ and be prepared for his threefold coming, we offer midweek Vespers during Advent. These Vespers will be held on December 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd at 7:00 p.m. The theme for this year’s Advent Vespers is: Jesus The Son Of . Each week we will consider a portion of the genealogy of Jesus recorded in Matthew 1 and be encouraged to wait, pray and live by faith in God’s promises. On Wednesday we will meditate on what it means that Jesus is the son of David.
Volunteers: We are seeking volunteers to prepare the elements for the Sacrament. Please sign up on the sheet in the Narthex. Thank you!
Winter Weather and Worship: Please be reminded that we will hold our regularly scheduled services for those who are able to make it to church. If conditions are poor enough, we may cancel Sunday School, Bible classes and other activities but we will always hold our services. Check Operation Snowdesk for cancellations. Please use your sound judgment to determine whether or not you should travel to and from church in hazardous conditions. Remember that the lessons and hymns for the following Sunday are always printed in the service folder or you may access the service folder on the website.
We will be meeting in groups of 80 or less. Please sign up for a time slot on the website (willmarwels.net). There is one time slot to attend on Thursdays and one on Sundays. If you are unable to access the website, please call the secretary at 235-5996 or pastor at 444-7641 to schedule your time. If you are not feeling well, please refrain from attending. While at church, please follow recommendations for hand washing, distancing and face coverings. If you are uncomfortable meeting at church, please contact pastor to schedule a private meeting, either at your home or at church.
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for Immanuel Ev. Luth. Church
- Maximum occupancy for Divine Services is 80 people.
- If you contract the virus, please let pastor or another member know. Not only do we want to pray for you, we also want to be honest with other people who attended the same service. Your name won’t be shared unless you request it to be.
- Those who have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Common symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell.
- Less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Those who may be at higher risk for severe illness are strongly encouraged to stay home.
- Those who are in contact with a household member or coworker experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from people not in your household.
- All are encouraged to wear a face covering or mask when they are able.
- Please refrain from embracing or hand-shaking.
- An offering plate will be placed by the double doors leading into the Sanctuary. The offering plate will not be passed from pew to pew.
- The following practices will be implemented as we receive the Sacrament:
- Move forward to stand in front of the first pew via the main aisle. Return to your pew down the side aisles.
- Maintain physical distance of 6 feet. Members in the same household may stand together.
- Please hold your hand out for the pastor to place the host into your hand. Please do not try to grab the host from him.
- Please take the cup that is closest to you.
- The chalice will be wiped with a purificator soaked in grain alcohol between uses.
- Communion vessels will be washed between services.
- Service folders will not be reused. If you do not want to take your service folder home with you, please place it in the recycling box near the double doors to the Sanctuary.
- Pews and other commonly touched surfaces such as door handles and water faucet handles will be sanitized after each service.
- Private services of Word and Sacrament are available at any time by appointment for those who are unable or uncomfortable attending public Services.