If you desire a pastoral visit to receive Word and Sacrament, please contact pastor.
There are resources available for members to use at home here.
Week of September 20 Announcements
September Divine Service Schedule: We will continue our current Divine Service schedule on Thursdays and Sundays in September. There will be a short Bible class between services on September 20th and 27th (similar to what we normally do during the summer).
October Divine Service Schedule: We will continue to hold a service on Thursday evenings in October. We are going to change the starting time of the first service on Sunday to 8:30 a.m. so that we can begin to hold Sunday School classes. We will have an adult Bible class that will meet from 9:45 a.m. until 10:15 a.m. in the fellowship hall. We will be reevaluating this schedule monthly.
Sunday School: We will be mailing Sunday school lessons and materials to parents for September 27th. On October 4th, we will begin holding classes from 9:40 a.m. until 10:20 a.m. We are going to divide the children into three groups instead of the usual five (Preschool and Kindergarten; 1st through 4th; 5th through 8th).
Volunteers for Sunday School: We are in need of some volunteers to help teach Sunday School and play the piano for singing. Please speak with pastor if you would be willing to help.
MLC Food Bank: We are again taking a collection to donate food, gift cards, or money to MLC Food Bank used for the married couples, until October 18. This year there are 24 married couples attending MLC, some with families, and may be starting second careers serving the Lord.
Christian Life Ministries: Since we were unable to do our Mother’s Day to Father’s Day donations this year, we would like to do a collection from Labor Day through Halloween. Write checks to Immanuel and write CLM in the memo part of the check. Christian Life Ministries’ New Day Pregnancy and Family Resource Center offers pregnancy testing, parent and educational support, and Bible studies several days a week with child care provided. The center is working toward expansion, as they need more room for all those who participate. CLM also runs a thrift store that supports much of the needed monetary needs of New Day.
MN Prairie OWLS: Our next meeting is Tuesday, October 27th. St. John’s in Redwood Falls has offered to host. Pastor Manion will present on the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter. Beginning at 8:30 a.m. there will be coffee and rolls followed by a devotion, presentation, meeting, and potluck. Usually done by noon. All seniors are invited and welcome.
Lawn Mowing: There is a list on the bulletin board for volunteering to mow the grass. The list is also available to view and to sign up on our website. Please consider taking a turn. If you have questions about equipment or getting into the shed, please speak with Scott Schultz, Scott Claussen or pastor.
We will continue to meet in groups of 40 or less. Please sign up for a time slot on the website (willmarwels.net). There is one time slot to attend on Thursdays and two on Sundays. If you are unable to access the website, please call the secretary at 235-5996 or pastor at 444-7641 to schedule your time. If you are not feeling well, please refrain from attending. While at church, please follow recommendations for hand washing, distancing and face coverings. If you are uncomfortable meeting at church, please contact pastor to schedule a private meeting, either at your home or at church.
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for Immanuel Ev. Luth. Church
- Maximum occupancy for Divine Services is 40 people.
- If you contract the virus, please let pastor or another member know. Not only do we want to pray for you, we also want to be honest with other people who attended the same service. Your name won’t be shared unless you request it to be.
- Those who have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Common symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell.
- Less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Those who may be at higher risk for severe illness are strongly encouraged to stay home.
- Those who are in contact with a household member or coworker experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from people not in your household.
- All are encouraged to wear a face covering or mask when they are able.
- Please refrain from embracing or hand-shaking.
- An offering plate will be placed by the double doors leading into the Sanctuary. The offering plate will not be passed from pew to pew.
- The following practices will be implemented as we receive the Sacrament:
- Move forward to stand in front of the first pew via the main aisle. Return to your pew down the side aisles.
- Maintain physical distance of 6 feet. Members in the same household may stand together.
- Please hold your hand out for the pastor to place the host into your hand. Please do not try to grab the host from him.
- Please take the cup that is closest to you.
- The chalice will be wiped with a purificator soaked in grain alcohol between uses.
- Communion vessels will be washed between services.
- Service folders will not be reused. If you do not want to take your service folder home with you, please place it in the recycling box near the double doors to the Sanctuary.
- Pews and other commonly touched surfaces such as door handles and water faucet handles will be sanitized after each service.
- Private services of Word and Sacrament are available at any time by appointment for those who are unable or uncomfortable attending public Services.